Each year, the Woman’s Discovery Center hosts a fundraiser called “Wanna Dance?” The annual event is the primary source of funding for the organization. This entertaining opportunity includes business professionals from all walks of life- banking, non-profit, city and county government, public safety, legal fields, service industries, education, transportation, production and even spiritual leaders! Participants are paired with a partner and coach and learn one dance routine to be performed on stage in front of their family, friends, coworkers and community! The couple and coach carefully select their own style of music and routine. Once decided, they begin the fun of practicing and perfecting their moves! You don’t have to be a good dancer to participate; you just have to have the heart to help and willingness to learn!
In addition to a one-of-a-kind routine, each participant is asked to raise a minimum of $1,000.00 to be donated to the WDC. Every dollar donated equals one “vote” for that participant/couple. Voting can be done through an array of donation opportunities: directly to the couples, participating in fundraising events (put on by the couples), online, at the dance performance(s) or through direct mail to the center at 1413A Market Place Drive, Jonesboro, AR 72401. The couple with the highest donation dollar amount is named the “Wanna Dance? Grand Champion” and receives the coveted champion’s trophy, bragging rights and heart-felt pride in helping the WDC. Other Wanna Dance? awards include the following: Best Costume, Judges Choice Award and the People’s Choice Award! All participants receive a commemorative trophy and t-shirt from the WDC.
This event has proven to be a community favorite! It is a wonderful opportunity for businesses to become involved and give back to a local organization. The participants always say they thoroughly enjoy the experience, even if it is out of their comfort zone!
If you or any of your employees are interested in participating in the Wanna Dance? fundraiser, please contact Faye Cox at 870-219-2488 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
2014 Wanna Dance Info:
This year’s couples include the following participants.
- Ariel Snyder (Womack, Phelps & McNeill) and David Stout (Jonesboro Police Department)
- Adam Alpe (Jonesboro Fire Department) and Sonya Sanders (engines, Inc.)
- Amber Maurizi (Jonesboro Jaycees) and Mike Damron (Centennial Bank)
- Andrew Eastman (Trumann Public Schools) and Sonya Cubit (XMC, Inc.)
- Jennifer Gil (Camfill Farr) and Garrett Barnes (Jonesboro Public Schools)
- Allison Howard (Fab’rik) and Jason Church (AR Biz Solutions)
- David Danzer (Shell & Baldwin Construction) and Jessica Horton (Westside Public Schools)
- Kade Holliday (Craighead County Clerk) and Amy Wills (United Medical Infusion)
- Somer Allen (March of Dimes) and Caleb Gragg (The Refinery)
- Ellen Duke (Nettleton Public Schools) and Ralo Brown (C.H. Robinson)
- Jay Yarbrough (Central Dealerships) and Caitlin Collins (Hytrol Conveyors)
- Araminta Romero (The Merge Point) and Barry Tedder (St. Bernards Heart and Vascular)
The event will be held at 2:00 p.m. on April 19, 2014 at the new Jonesboro High School auditorium. Admission is $8 at the door- no pre-sold tickets. Your $8 entry fee will be designated to the couple of your choice and will count towards their overall fundraising total. Additional “votes” can be made at the event by placing your contribution into your favorite couple’s donation box.